Saturday, October 15, 2011

KCWC Day 5

Although I did not COMPLETE a project today, I did start one. I want to make Anaya a denim skirt -or a dress. I am leaning toward making a skirt - but my crafts tend to kinda take shape on their own. I do what I am 'led' to do. I know that probably sounds spooky for you non-crafters... but start crafting and you will see what I mean. ;)

Here are some jeans that I bleached. They have the heavy weight that I love (good for lots and lots of washings) but they were originally a horrible color navy blue.


I used the same method as the bleach out (also known as reverse tie-dye) but I didn't use rubber bands - thinking that I would get one consistent color. Clearly, I didn't. It still has the marbled effect and I actually kinda like it. Now I know that I don't have to use rubber bands!

More tomorrow!

No comments: