I had been craving muffins and I lost all of my printed out/handwritten recipes during the move. So, I went to Allrecipes.com. This is definitely one of my favorite websites. Every kind of recipe you can imagine - along with ratings and comments.
I found this recipe and altered it. Here is what I did:
- 1 cup rice milk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/8 cup flax seed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, oats, and flax seed; let soak for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg and oil; stir in oatmeal mixture. In a third bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined. Stir in craisins and nuts. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until cups are 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
This also gave me a chance to show off my new camera. I bought this insanely expensive thing on Sunday and I am already having buyers remorse. The thing is I am on a budget to spend no more than $500 on personal things per month and this camera (along with that phone) has all but wiped me out for the next two months.
Furthermore, I don't even know how to use the camera. There are no less than a million options. So for now, everything is set on automatic, which works pretty well, actually.
Meanwhile, my eyebrows resemble garden bushes, my mustache is growing like a grown man's, and my feet look like I've been climbing mountains. Barefoot. Needless to say, I need to go to the salon.
Don't I look like a monster?