Sunday, April 03, 2005

Start Back Day

I know what my problem is - I haven't been reading the bible consistently.  Whenever I feel myself pulling away from God, I should just stop and ask myself, "Have you been praying", "Have you been reading". So today is my start back day.  I am going to start back reading the bible everyday (and praying too).  I know what happens - I start reading - then I get to a point where I don't know what to read - so I just don't.  Then if I am not reading - of course I don't pray.  So if I am not reading or praying I am not thinking about God.  So what do I think about?  Guys.  I don't know why I think about guys.  There aren't any (for me) down here.  Well at least I haven't met any.  Yet and still - they seem to get me in trouble. 

Speaking of guys, this lady from my job is trying to set me up with her godson.  Me, get setup?  I don't know about that. Maybe it is because of my ego.  I like to believe any guy (under the right circumstances) would like me. So, before I decide who I am going to like - I see if the guy likes me first.  That way if a guy doesn't like me - I could just say, well, I didn't like him anyway.  Or he already likes someone else.  If I get setup - my process is all messed up.  We have to see if we like each other... at the same time.  What if the guy says - she is too skinny.  First of all I am NOT skinny - I am 5'7 and a half and 145 pounds.  I wear a size 9/10 for goodness sakes.  Skinny girls wear a 5 and below. But that is beside the point - in some people's eyes - especially the eyes of people at work - I am skinny. - No question about it.  According to them, I am also going to get fat in about 10 years (with the way I eat). I must admit - I do eat pretty good for a girl.  My 6'6 brother came here to visit me and to see the Ricky Smiley show the other week and I made some chicken wings.  I think I ate about twice the amount of wings he ate.  I couldn't help it.  I love fried chicken wings - especially the little drummets.  But I work out.  Well, that is what I tell people at work.  If you call running for about 10 minutes, doing about 60 crunches, and doing a couple of arm curls about once every couple of weeks - working out...  I know, I know, I am going to get with the program.  But I get so bored in there.  I need a workout buddy - or one of those ipods.  But they cost like 100 bucks.  With the way I am spending money lately - it wouldn't be out of character to buy it.  I LOVE to shop.  Especially for things for the house.

But I am going to do better - starting with praying and reading my bible everyday.   Emphasis on every. I am also going to stop spending so much money - I am going to make a budget and stick to it.  It is hard to budget when you use credit cards for everything.  Ok, I know what you are thinking Credit Cards for everything!  She must be in crazy debt.  But I am not.  I usually pay them off when the bills come.  I don't know about this month.  It may take 2 months to pay it off.  My interest rate is only 2.9% so it will be okay.

I am also going to stop eating junk foods.  It is just that they work me so hard at school - I don't have time to eat.  So I have to eat fast food more than I would like.  I don't even like fast food - I would much rather cook.  I don't like to eat at restaurants either - except for Papadeux's.  This is my favorite restaurant.  Apparently, everyone else's too.  Every time I go there is at least an hour's wait.  I don't care. I will wait. It is just that good.

I am going to workout at least 3 times a week, too.  And I mean really workout.  I will be in the gym for at least an hour on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.  And if I miss a day - I will go on another day.

No comments: