Thursday, October 04, 2012

What NOT to share on YouTube...

If you are a blogger, this is probably not really a factor for you.  You would basically just share what you would share on your blog - and not share, what you WOULDN'T share on your blog... duh.

As a fairly open person I share pretty much everything, with everybody anyway - so that is precisely what I do on my videos.  I do have a few rules, however...

1.) I do not share other people's business (without their permission!).  My videos are pretty self involved - so they are about basically what is going on with me, only.

2.) I do not share something that I mind other people knowing (and judging me on!).  For example, if I am feeling so sensitive about my weight that I do not want any input, then I won't share it.  Because let me tell you, Youtube is full of self-appointed psychologists with opinions and they are not afraid to share them!  Do NOT assume that people are basically kind... They are - but it is very likely someone will come along and burst your bubble with their rude comment.

3.) I do not share something that I may regret later.  Imagine that any of your videos become viral.  How will you feel?  Embarrassed?  Ashamed?  Then DON'T post it!!!   I have shared some stuff that had unintentionally angered a few people.  But I do NOT regret sharing it.  I will talk more about that drama tomorrow.

But for now here is a day in the life from yesterday...


1 comment:

Adriann said...

Sorry to hear about your nanny resigning. I hope you find someone that meets you and your family's needs. Dinner looked great! A~