Sunday, January 08, 2012

I made some boy quilts!


I have a problem with making boy stuff.  I admit it. Trucks are just not as fun to create as dolls.  Blue just doesn't appeal to me like pink does. 

But... I found this beautiful blue airplane fabric at Hobby Lobby.  I had no idea what I was gonna make with it. But since it was *boy* and I actually *loved* it, there was no way I wasn't buying it.   I was thinking of making my son something with it.  But that boy is so hard to please (How about, he opened my crochet book that had a picture of a crocheted truck in it and told me: "I don't want that", pointing to the truck!)  Good thing, I hadn't made it yet!

Anyway, I was thinking that I need to make something for my best friend's twin boys that are due next month and it hit me, I should make them each a quilt - with that fabric that I love! ~ I suggest that you make a quilt from fabrics that you are in LOVE with because you will be working on it so long, by the end of it - you may be sick of it if you don't absolutely love it from the beginning.

Would you like to see the quilts?  Hmm?  Yes? Okay then!




Do you like it?  Yes?   Quilting is clearly not my strength - but I love how it is so forgiving.

I hope the boys love it.

2 comments:

LaShawn Wiltz said...

My grandmother used to make these wonderful quilts and I've always wanted to learn. But as you know, there is not one crafting bone in my body! I like the fabric for your quilt! I'm sure she'll love it!

Libby said...

They look great!