Friday, October 07, 2011

What naptime is like at our house...

Zekey has not taken a nap for the past two days.

Day one: I lay him down at 2pm - after he gets home from preschool - like I usually do. I try to get him to sleep for 4 hours! He ends up pulling the bookshelf on top of himself. Luckily it is the type that does not have a back and he lands right in the middle of the shelves. It scares me so bad, I say: "Forget the nap". And I let him stay up. E removes the bookshelf from his room.

Day two: I decide not to make him take a nap (maybe he has outgrown them) and I bring his cousin over to entertain him. Zekey has obviously not outgrown naps. Zekey's lack of sleep is horrendous for his attitude. He is constantly fighting and screaming whenever the slightest thing goes wrong. I say: "Forget forgetting the nap." And I resolve to making him take a nap the next day. - Which is today.

Today: He doesn't go to preschool on Fridays. I decide to take him to the park around 11:30 so that he will be tired enough to take a nap.

11:30 - Zekey looks REALLY tired. He has those swollen *super sleepy* eyes. I decide not to take him to the park.

12:00 - I tell Zekey to get in the bed.

12:01 - He gets up. I put him in 'the pen'.




12: 11 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the pen.

12:11 - He gets up. I put him in 'the pen'

12: 21 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the pen.

12:22 - He gets up. I put him in 'the pen'

12: 32 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the pen.

12:35 - He gets up. I put him in 'the pen'

12: 45 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the pen.

12:50 - He gets up. I put him in 'the pen'

1:00 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the pen.

1:00 - He gets up. I put him in 'the pen'

1:15 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the pen.

1:15 - He gets up. (This is getting ridiculous). I put him in 'the chair'. Isn't it ironic that he escalates from 'the pen' to 'the chair' ?

1:25 - I take him out and tell him to lay down or else he will have to go back in the chair.

1:25 - He gets up! I put him back in the chair. Anaya starts crying so I nurse her. I decide to let him stay in there longer.

1:45 - When she is done nursing, I go to take him out, and he has fallen asleep in the chair! I get him out and tell him to get in the bed. He sleeps until 3:00.

2:40 - My sister-in-law brings her son over for me to watch while she is at work. I notice he has that same 'look' in his eyes Zekey had at 11:30. She tells me that he has been acting up all day. ...

1 comment: