Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Green Journal

So, as we were watching the 6th Harry Potter (E and I are late - but we decided to watch the entire movie series via Netflix - which is actually taking a lot longer than you would think because we only have the one DVD at a time subscription. Oh, well - it gives us something to look forward to each week.) - I made another journal.

To be completely honest - I kinda hate the first journal. I think I am going to take it apart and try it again.

So, here is my second journal!

Nothing fancy - but I think it looks much better.

I used cardstock (that was on sale at Hobby Lobby. Yay!) and some crazy yarn/thread that was given to me by one of my aunts when I was in the hospital having Zekey. Also, I used plain copy paper that was cut into 4's.

Next time, I want the cover to be hard... I don't know what to use yet (without spending a lot of money). I am thinking of using old book covers.

Also - I want the papers to have some kind of texture to them. Maybe I could stain them with coffee or tea. Maybe I could use some pages in some of the old books I am going to rip up...

Hmm. Suggestions?



5 comments:

Kristi said...

You could put a bit of water into a shallow pan, drop in some food colouring and lay your pages in the water. It makes fun weird patterns. You could dye them with fruit/vegetable juice, or other organic materials.

And that's all I have for now. :)

Rochelle Sodipo said...

You could stain them with coffee grounds and then crumple them up and iron them flat.

Christina B. said...

Ayana, why don't you get the movies from the library.. BTW, the journals look great and I like Rochelle's idea.

Ayana said...

Thanx for the suggestions, my crafty friends ;)!

That is what we should have done Christina!

April's Homemaking said...

Your journal looks great,I love the colors, sounds like a wonderful project! ~April