Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 60 of 365

So, my friend's mom's 50th birthday party was on Friday. It was more of an Appreciation affair than a birthday party. No one that I know has a bigger heart than this lady, taking care of her entire family including - but apparently not limited to: her sister's children after her sister passed away from cancer, foster children (growing up to attain Master's degrees), and of course her own children.

Although I didn't personally know the depths of her kindness I do remember in high school, she was one of those mom's who worked full time AND made matching blankets and socks for her daughter and I. I only have one of the socks, now - but I can't make myself throw it away. I am sentimental like that. But then I can't even throw away the bulky 13 inch TV I got for my 16th birthday.

Needless to say, it was heartwarming event, with everyone shedding tears - or at least close to it. I am glad I got to "capture" it. :).

No comments: