Friday, September 17, 2010

Art Journaling

So, I think I have told you guys about craftster. If you are crafty at ALL, you will be addicted to this site. You were warned!

Anyway, it got me to start art journaling. Let me tell you, it is SO great to art journal. Even if your art is pretty bad. Like mine. I am a pretty good crafter, but artist? Not so much.

I really, really want to be though. That is why I started this journal of mine.

Besides allowing me to express myself in several formats, it gives me a place to keep random papers I tend to collect that quickly turns to clutter.

Here are a few pages of mine.

This one is one of my first pages. I don't have a lot of pictures of my friends (this is a great time to collect them, though). But, I just happened to keep the thank you card from Amy's wedding and I had nowhere to put it, but it is so pretty I couldn't throw it out. When I hired that organizer a while back, she tried to get me to throw it away because I didn't have a place for it. I am glad I didn't!


This is one I did today. It describes how I feel about my life right now. No direction.


One night I was listening to this song by John Legend. It is on his CD that me and E listened to a lot while we were first dating. This song describes our relationship, right now. This picture is of our FIRST KISS. Really. It wasn't planned. We were about to go out on our first date and decided to take a picture, so I put the camera on a timer. Yeah, that camera was on for about 30 - 40 minutes. Good times...


This one is of a doll swap that I participated in. We had to make anatomically correct dolls. I really enjoyed making the doll, even though I received sideways glances from people seeing me working on it. LOL.

Here is another one I did today. I was evaluating the merits and the downfalls of trying to sell my crafts.


Here are some unfinished pages. One druken night my brother was over and I told him that I wanted to be a poet - then proceeded to make up these ridiculous poems. Okay, I wasn't drinking - but people thought I was when I was sending them texts of these poems. Ahhh, very entertaining.


Sooooo, that's it. Now, go on and start yours!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Hi Ayana, You were kind enough to comment on my blog so I thought I'd pop on over to see what you were up to! I love that you've started art journaling and that you've shared it with your readers. I've been wanting to do the same, but have been so busy with other projects. Thanks for the inspiration, I think I'll start mine this week!

Love your blog!

Kathleen aka refashionology