Monday, May 20, 2013

A naked doll. May be inappropriate for work.

Meet Paul...


He may put on a tough act, but he loves hugs, (secretly) the tv show: Scandal, Budweiser, and his mama.  He is currently looking for a girlfriend, but he has not found the right woman yet.



So, I think this is my favorite doll to date.  I think I say that with every doll that I make.  Ha!  But seriously, I have been breaking through my creative blocks lately - and listening more closely to my inspiration without censoring it.  One of my hang-ups was hating to spend soooo much time on an item before it was *complete*.  I would be so focused on hurrying up and getting to the finished project - and worrying about when I would be done (or IF I would ever be done!).  But this time, I gave myself permission to just enjoy my time - even though it did take FOREVER, especially those stitches in the jeans.  SHEESH! You can probably tell by my imperfect stitches that it is all done by hand with embroidery floss.

This time, instead of making it a race,  I tried to make it a meditative activity.  Also, I gave myself permission to trash the project at anytime.  Doing that, I was able to make what I was *feeling* instead of what I think would be the *best*...  Honestly, he is far from perfect.  I wanted him to have on an A-shirt and leather shoes (unfortunately, my skills are not up for that just yet!) , and I totally regret using Red Heart on him.

But still, I am more than satisfied with how he turned out. :)  Maybe one of these days, I will be up to making a pattern for him...

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He's great. and Yeah, I get it, I have that issue with impatience and not wanting something to take forever, too. but when I actually take the time with a project... my results are usually great and worth the extra time and effort. =)

BeULuv said...

OMG! Paul has everything ;). This made me blush and I couldn't help but laugh a little. You keeps it for real, for real. Glad your creativity is flowing. Can't wait to see your next project.

Brandy Alford said...

OMG!! He has a wee-wee and a goatee. Great work, and imagination.

ice-ice-lady said...

chic!