Saturday, November 05, 2011

Layered Flower Tutorial




This is *my* flower.  This is the flower I made all the time when I used to sell my stuff.  I got lots of requests for a tutorial.  I hope you like it :).

This is what you will need:


Yarn ~ (100 feet should be plenty)
Scissors
Hair clip
Needle and Thread
Glue Gun
crochet hook - I used size H/6 - 5.00MM (duh! I forgot to take a picture of it)


1. Chain 4
2. Slip stitch in the first chain to create a ring.
3. Chain 4
4. sc in ring to forn the first loop.
5. Chain 4
6. sc in ring to form the second loop

 


7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until there are 6 loops and 6 sc in ring.
8. In the next loop, dc 10, slip stitch in the next sc
9. Repeat around.  Finish off, leaving a 10 inch tail
10. Make 2 more.  Weave in tails. (only one flower needs to have a 10 inch tail) . Pssst. They don't have to all be the same color.  This is an excellent scrap buster!
11. Stack the flower together.  Sew together with the tail.

 12. Weave in tail.  Sew on hair clip.  Secure with glue gun.




What do you think?

P.S.  See how I changed the background to plain?  Is it easier to see?  I know I should be taking these photos outside during the day, but with two little ones, I kinda have to work around their schedule!


3 comments:

Libby said...

Another great flower tutorial! This flower would look great in my hair. I'm going to attempt this bun tutorial I saw on YouTube. *fingers crossed*

LaShawn Wiltz said...

Beautiful! I love that red!

Soc said...

I LOVE this! I need one or two for my hair, since it is short now.