Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 130 of 36

So, I found out the secret ingredient to Waffle House waffles. Half and Half!

I went there the other day and the waffles tasted like crap. I asked the server what happened! She said that they ran out of half and half, so they had to use buttermilk!

Now, you and I BOTH know that buttermilk does not make pancakes taste bad. So, it MUST be that it is the half and half that makes the Waffle House waffles taste good!

So, of course I went home and tested it. I used the fastest pancake recipe I could find:
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
1 egg
milk

I used half and half instead and those things tasted like freakin' GOURMET pancakes. Well, maybe not gourmet - but they were SUPER good.

Try it and see :).

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

Thanks for sharing that recipe. Because every now and again I crave some of there waffles, but I don't feel like waiting and dont want to leave there smelling like I just hopped off of the grill. LoL.....