Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day 16 of 365


I finally finished the earrings for the earring swap.

This is the last swap I am gonna do for a long time. I say that at the end of every swap - but I mean it this time. Swaps take up SO much time and creative energy. I have to figure out the particular style of the person I am crafting for AND make something withing the swap's guidelines. The hardest part is figuring out the person's style - which is usually wildly different from my own.

I thought doing an earring swap would be easier - but it turned out to be the hardest swap I have done so far. I had 2 partners and I had to make 6 pairs of earrings for each of them. To make 12 different pairs of earrings that (hopefully) they would like was pretty challenging.

But I learned some new techniques! My favorite is the painted wood earrings.

I think of them as my little Picassos. ;)

No comments: