Saturday, October 09, 2010

Day 11 of 365



So, I have another little side hustle. This young couple are actually my first (PAYING) clients. They are friends of my cousin. I did my cousin's baby shower for her about a year ago and I made her invitations - because I wanted them to be super cute and I didn't want to pay a lot of money for them.

I do a mini photo shoot, edit the picture, get the pictures printed at some hour photo place, print some invitations on heavy card stock paper, the glue the pictures down. And voila: personalized invitations. I will post a picture of the final result when I am finished.

In case you are interested in making some yourself, I use MS. Word to print the invitations - I do four on each page. I use Picassa to edit all my pictures - I use the collage function to create a picture with more than one picture on it, like so:

or, like my cousin's:

...this way, you can save on costs by printing more than one on a page!

UPDATE:

I finished the invitations. Here is how it looks:

and here it is all packaged up:

No comments: