Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Day One as a Housewife

I was able to cook breakfast and dinner and make sandwiches for lunch. I went grocery shopping (twice - because I am very forgetful). I got my eyebrows waxed and a pedicure. I even found a wonderful library really close to me.

But for some reason, I still feel like I work there. It's like a nightmare that doesn't end. Maybe it's because I had to go up there today. I had to turn in my laptop, my badge, and my key, and get the rest of the stuff from my room. The principal kept asking me moronic questions like: "Have you hear from HR? You don't want them to withhold your money for job abandonment, do you?" and "You know where you are supposed to take that [laptop] right?"

The problem is: because I signed a contract to teach for the whole year, HR has to 'approve' my resignation. A teacher can't just up and leave without some sort of documentation. However, I HAVE documentation. He also was trying to get me to take my laptop all the way to HR (which is only a few miles away - but have no free parking), when HR told me I could just give him my laptop. I explained all this to him - probably in a 'disrespectful' tone, because I get like that sometimes.

Anyway, I after I said my goodbyes, I ended up passing him and another teacher in the hall talking (gossiping). I KNOW they were talking about me. My mom would say that I am being paranoid - but really I never think people are actually talking about me (even when they have been!). But this time I was pretty sure. I could tell the way they avoided looking at me and their voices got really low when I went past.

But even if they WERE talking about me, why should I even care? I don't even work there anymore. What kind of insecure idiot, am I!? HE is the incompetent moron - and she is just his little flunky. Why in the world should I care what they think???

I need to work on that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayana, I'm so happy for you and all the changes you're making in your life! I am so thinking about changing my career (for many of the same reasons) but I don't know what I want to do!!! AAARRGGGHhh!

Anonymous said...

Ayana, you are not moving down. I'm working half time, but my half at home is the most satisfying job I've ever had in my life. Just got to remember to get out of the house every once in a while. Meet you at Storytime someday? :)

JenG

Steph said...

WOW!!! I didn't know you were leaving before the end of the school year! That principal sounds like a major jerk and you definitely shouldn't be concerned with his unprofessionalism and disrespect. I hope your new career (housewife) is as rewarding years from now as it was today! Congrats!!!

Dae said...

Hey Ayana! Good for you, I have never even read your blog, but saw that you commented on mine. I will definitely become a subscriber now.

Dae

Unknown said...

Hey Ayana!
Congratulations! There's nothing wrong with knowing what you want in life and actually making it happen for yourself. Be happy, healthy and housewife-y. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I am also happy to hear about the changes you are making in your life. They all seem so awesome! Don't knock being a housewife. I know it can be hard work, also. 2009 is going to be a great year.. I feel it!