Monday, February 27, 2012

New Project!: Blanket of many colors

My favorite Bible story is the one about Joseph and his coat of many colors.

This blanket that I am working on reminds me of the way I imagine Joseph's coat looked in that story.  I am trying to use up all of my scrap yarn on it. I love the way the colors (although they in no way match) work with each other. It is going to take me forEVER to finish - but I am definitely enjoying the process.

I am linking this up to Frugal Days, Sustainable ways....  (I love that blog! - You should go check it out if you haven't already)...

5 comments:

LaShawn Wiltz said...

Love the colors in this blanket. Sigh. I wish I was crafty. Just a little....

Unknown said...

Hey! You can be! You just gotta learn! I made a crochet series on my youtube channel so that you can learn to crochet. Here is a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL762A1B0CA1B99188

Let me know if you have any questions!

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is beautiful! Is it an easy pattern?
Will you share instructions or tutorial?

Sincerely,

Ann

Unknown said...

Thanx Ann! The only stitch I used was double crochet. And I changed the yarn color (mostly) every two rows. So, there really is no pattern!

Caleisha said...

I just came across your blog by clicking the "next blog" link & I am working a blanket just like this one! lol ^.^ It's a 'reach into the yarn bag & use whatever color comes out wave pattern blanket'... I wanted it to cover my queen sized bed, but I stopped when it got about twin size... :) It's really great to see other crafty ladies of color here in the blog world. Be blessed!

Caleisha @ apt-203.blogspot.com or golden-24.blogspot.com